On the Centennial of the Turkish Republic, we are grateful to Ataturk and the founders for establishing the foundations for gender equality in Turkiye…
Sparks Program, Turkiye
- We are opening our 2023-24 signature Sparks Program’s school year (our 14th) with a record 112 carefully-selected participants studying at universities throughout Turkiye. All have been adversely affected by the February earthquake.
- To address the special needs of this cohort, we have teamed with experts to incorporate a new well-being component into the curriculum. This will equip these young women with essential tools to pursue their studies and rebuild their lives while increasing sisterhood and solidarity as teams.
- With the help of our valued donors and grants, we have selected and trained experienced facilitators with the necessary sensitivity and tools to guide participants through this enhanced 8-month program. (See the photo above.)
- The focus of our new program Sparks USA is to advance leadership, cultural, and self-developmental skills that will prepare immigrant women in the US for success in global careers.
- In January, we piloted the Sparks-like program for international women at Alliance International University, California School of Professional Psychology. The program was developed and delivered by Dr. Nurcan Ensari, a professor at the university.
- This year, we are expanding the program to include international university women from around the US.
We are especially grateful to Turkish Philanthropy Funds (TPF) for their generous grant support.
The Türkiye Earthquake Relief Fund grant presents a unique opportunity to leverage our sister organization DLD’s expertise to help rebuild the earthquake-devastated Southeast region. With this additional funding, we are able to include a record number of participants in the upcoming academic year.
Through the women’s social change projects, these students will touch the lives of thousands, making a tangible difference in the region’s recovery.
İt is with gratitude and best wishes, that we thank our many individual donors for supporting our work, thus ensuring that the movement continues in Turkiye and beyond. You are many, and you help make a tremendous difference.
With financial assistance, TWI is able to greatly expand its outreach to helping young women – in Turkey and the US – to develop confidence and leadership skills that will serve them well in their careers and lives. By extension, these lives will influence and advance the futures of many others.